Friday, March 29, 2013

Huntress (Poem)



Huntress

I can see her.
Can you?
She is watching above,
high above,
in the endless hill.
I stare at her
It seems
she
does not notice
me
I can see her
Can you?

She stands there,
dark skin,
ebony hair,
mysterious eyes.
I see her
I see her from
 below

Maybe she hasn’t seen
me.
Maybe she thought I was
hunting in a different
way.
Maybe she has already
hunted prey and her
hunger has been
satisfied.

But I can see her.
Can you?

I watch her
Am I hunting her?
Is she hunting me?
Maybe
I’m just stalking around.
Maybe I am hunting for blue
jays.
Maybe, just maybe.
I don’t know.

I watch her,

her every move,
her every sound.
I admire her,
her every advance,
her every breath.

I see her
She can see
me.
I am sure.
Maybe she hasn’t
 noticed
That I am watching
too.

I can see her.
Can you?
The problem is
that I haven’t decided yet
who is the
 hunter,
who is the
 prey.

(1998)

No comments:

Post a Comment