Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"He do the Puerto Rican en diferentes voces": An amazing experience

What can I say about the collaborative e-poetry experiment that was He do the Puerto Rican en diferentes voces? It was a wonderful experience. I truly loved it. I sincerely want to thank all of you who participated. I hope all of you enjoyed it as well.

 Some of the verses that came out of this poem are  among the best lines on contemporary Puerto Rican identity I have ever read. I am in awe of the imagery, the feelings and observations my fellow poets and contributors added to the poem.

Amazing, is the word that would really describe it.

Overall, the experiment was a success. It got some good participation going, and the interplay between the poets was fantastic. I loved that the poem is filled with the distinct voices of each poet, which was the intention, but each voice played with the other voices in interesting and fantastic ways.

I will edit the poem a bit and post it in three forms. A text version with links to each specific post, a screen capture version of the whole poem and a link to the specific hashtag so the poem can be read as it was created.

Will we organize another experience like this one? Maybe. Probably. Let me know if you'd like another one and/if you'd like to participate.



No comments:

Post a Comment